|Start Date||Day and Time||Cost||Course Code||Duration|
|Thursday 21st September 2017||
6:00pm - 9:00pm
|£1 850||BC8595||44 weeks|
The CIPD Level 5 Intermediate certificate offers you the opportunity to build on your expertise in HR Management and gain a professional level of CIPD membership. Set at undergraduate level, CIPD Intermediate qualifications are suitable for those looking to develop a career in HR management or development and want to study a recognised qualification and who need to understand the role of HR in the wider organisational and environmental context.
- CIPD offers HR qualifications at Level 7.
- Your suitability for the course will be checked prior to enrolment through completion of an application form and, if required, an interview with a course tutor. You should be able to demonstrate that you are able to study at Level 5 and/or are in a job role which will give you exposure to working with HR issues at a strategic level.
The course covers the following modules:
- Business Issues and the Context of Human Resources
- Resource and Talent Planning
- Managing and Coordinating the HR Function
- Developing Professional Practice
- Using Information in Human Resources
- Employment Engagement
Timings and Assessments
- 44 weeks, Thursdays 6.00pm until 9.00pm
- Starts on 21st September 2017
For each unit, there is a written assignment of approximately 3600 words comprising of a number of parts.
Assessment activities will be assessed by the trainer who delivered that unit and will be graded as ‘Pass’ or ‘Refer’. If an assessment activity is referred, you will be given feedback to support you in reaching the necessary level of competence required to pass this element. You will need to pass each element in order to pass the unit. You will need to successfully pass each unit in order to achieve the full qualification. Successful completion contributes to achieving Associateship of the CIPD.
Costs and Resources
- You will also be required to join the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) as a studying affiliate and pay a membership fee. Admission to the CIPD is by electronic enrolment; we will provide information about how to do this during the induction session. There is no need to take any action yet as this will be carried out after the start of the course. For more information visit: http://www.cipd.co.uk/membership/membership-fees.aspx
- This course is eligible for the 19+ Advanced Learning Loan. If you are 19 years old or over and meet the eligibility criteria, you will be able to apply for a loan for up to £724 which contributes towards the course fee. You will find more information on the following website: https://www.gov.uk/advanced-learning-loans.
- There are also alternative payment options available with New College, please contact the Fast Forward team for more information on 01793 732892.
- For further career guidance, the National Careers Service provides information, advice and guidance to help you make decisions on learning, training and work opportunities. This service offers confidential and impartial advice and is supported by qualified careers advisers. https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/Pages/Home.aspx
For further information about this course please contact a member of the Fast Forward Team on 01793 732892 or e mail: FastForward@newcollege.ac.uk