|Start Date||Day and Time||Cost||Course Code||Duration|
|Monday 25th September 2017||
6:00pm - 9:00pm
|£1 500||BC8065||40 weeks|
Whether you're just starting out in your career or want to move to the next level with a recognised professional qualification, the Certificate in HR Practice (CHRP) will help build your knowledge and skills. The CHRP provides a firm foundation in all areas of Human Resource Practice, as well as an understanding of HR in a business context. It will help you develop practical, essential HR skills and above all, will give you the confidence to be more effective at work and add value to your HR function.
- Level 5 Human Resource Management. Please note: We do not expect you to move immediately from the Level 3 to the Level 5. A period of applying the skills gained within this qualification to your day-to-day HR function is required.
- Candidates will be required to complete a Pre-Course Application before enrolling on the course. Please contact Fast Forward on 01793 732892 to arrange.
It covers all the significant topic areas relating to the HR role:
- Developing yourself as an effective HR practitioner
- Recording, analysing and using HR information
- Understanding organisations and the role of HR
- Resourcing talent
- Supporting good practice in managing employee relations
- Supporting individual learning through coaching and mentoring
Timings and Assessments
40 weeks, Mondays 6.00 pm until 9.00 pm
Starts on 25th September 2017
You will be assessed using various methods which will include:
- Written assignments
- CPD log and Personal Development Plan
- Discussion with your trainer
- Group exercises
Each unit will be assessed individually but may have a number of elements and use more than one of the above assessment methods.
Assessment activities will be assessed by the trainer who delivered that unit and will be graded as ‘Pass’ or ‘Refer’. If an assessment activity is referred, you will be given feedback to support you in reaching the necessary level of competence required to pass this element.
You will need to pass each element in order to pass the unit. You will need to successfully pass each unit in order to achieve the full qualification.
Successful completion contributes to achieving Associateship of the CIPD.
Costs and Resources
- You will also be required to join the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) as a studying affiliate and pay a membership fee. Admission to the CIPD is by electronic enrolment. We will provide information regarding the enrolment processes during the induction session. There is no need to take any action yet as this will be carried out after the start of the course. For more information, visit: http://www.cipd.co.uk/membership/membership-fees.aspx If, during the course, you require additional one-to-one tutorials, this can organised at an additional cost to yourself.
- This course is eligible for the 19+ Advanced Learning Loan. If you are 19 years old or over and meet the eligibility criteria, you will be able to apply for a loan for up to £1265 to contribute towards the course fee. You will find more information on the following website: https://www.gov.uk/advanced-learning-loans.
- There are also alternative payment options available with New College, please contact the Fast Forward team for more information on 01793 732892.
- For further career guidance, the National Careers Service provides information, advice and guidance to help you make decisions on learning, training and work opportunities. This service offers confidential and impartial advice and is supported by qualified careers advisers. https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/Pages/Home.aspx
For further information about this course please contact a member of the Fast Forward Team on 01793 732892 or email: FastForward@newcollege.ac.uk