|Start Date||Day and Time||Cost||Duration|
|Tuesday 26th September 2017||
6:00pm - 9:00pm
|£1 987||25 sessions over 12 months|
This Level 3 qualification is ideal if you are an aspiring or newly-appointed manager or if you have had no management training before. It covers the key aspects of the management role and is intended to be interactive and practical, encouraging you to apply what you learn in the workplace through written assignments. The course is delivered as a blended programme which means you will be expected to attend two face to face sessions and a group tutorial per module which will prepare you for your assignments. You will also be provided with an on-line account within our Virtual Learning Environment and you will be set work, as well as a set reading list.
- You could progress on to the CMI Level 5 Management and Leadership qualification.
- You must be working at supervisory level (or be aspiring to work in management) and hold an English qualification at Level 2/GCSE Grade A-C.
You will complete the following units as part of this course:
- Leadership and Motivation
- Organising, Delegating and Planning Work
- Management Communication
- Understanding and Planning Change in the Workplace
- Financial Management
- Solving Problems
- Developing Own Leadership Capability Using Action Learning
Timings and Assessments
- Tuesdays, 6 pm until 9 pm, 25 sessions
- The course starts on 26th September 2017 (induction), then alternate weeks from 4th October 2017 up until 12th September 2018
- Your course induction includes an introduction to the programme and study skills. Study skills are essential and will provide you with information regarding assignment writing, format and content. This part of the induction will benefit anyone required to submit assignments and the information is transferable to other courses and qualifications.
- Assessment is via written assignments and attend all sessions. Your assignment will be marked and you will be given either a ‘pass’ or ‘refer’. If you are referred, you’ll be provided with feedback in order to re-submit and successfully complete.
Costs and Resources
- This course is eligible for the 19+ Advanced Learning Loan. If you are 19 years old or over and meet the eligibility criteria, you will be able to apply for a loan which covers the course fee. You will find more information on the following website: https://www.gov.uk/advanced-learning-loans.
- For further career guidance, the National Careers Service provides information, advice and guidance to help you make decisions on learning, training and work opportunities. This service offers confidential and impartial advice and is supported by qualified careers advisers. https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/Pages/Home.aspx
For further information about this course please contact a member of the Fast Forward Team on 01793 732892 or email: FastForward@newcollege.ac.uk