|£750||approximately 12 months|
This qualification is aimed at those working or volunteering in the work place with young children. This is the minimum qualification to count in childcare ratios.
- Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce (Early Years Educator)
- If you want to progress to a level 3 then Grades A-C in GCSE English and Maths or equivalent are essential.
- Your setting manager must agree to us coming to the work place and using work products as part of your assessment.
- You may wish to ask parents’ permission to use observations of their children as part of the course.
- We ask that settings provide a qualified role model/ mentor who can assist you in your studies and share feedback with your assessor.
- The experience and opportunity to be working with children from 0-5 for at least 9-12 hours a week. 3 months’ prior experience in your role is usually required.
- The course involves working under supervision in an early years setting. Demonstration of knowledge, understanding and practical skills supporting young children.
- You will have your own set of standards, so you are aware of exactly what is expected of you in every unit. Your assessor will always agree a plan of work with you for each visit to allow you to study and prepare.
Timings and Assessments
- Approximately 12 months.
- An assessor will visit you in your workplace. They will plan their visits in advance and will accommodate your work pattern and activities. Assessment visits usually take place every 3-4 weeks and last approximately 1-1.5 hours each. You will be set tasks to complete between visits.
- Your assessor will work with you to cover the knowledge and skills covered in the qualification. As well as being able to complete tasks competently, you should know why you do them a certain way. Together you will gather evidence to demonstrate you meet the qualification standards. A variety of assessment methods will be used. These will usually contain a mixture of:
- Completing written assignments to show your understanding of the theory and legislation involved in childcare
- Planning, implementing and evaluating activities with children in each age group under the EYFS
- Engaging in discussion with your assessor about your practice and childcare theory to demonstrate your knowledge
- Reflecting on your own personal practice and development
- Our Assessors will visit you once a month in the workplace
- Start anytime
Costs and Resources
- From £750 dependent on location