|£1 390||approximately 12-18 months|
Provides a broad understanding of skills required to work in Health and Social Care and knowledge, which will give an understanding of how Health and Social care settings function and operate.
- Health and Social Care Level 3
- If you are intending to pursue a career in any area of Health and Social Care, or wishing to further study within the Health and Social Care sector.
- Have agreement from your employer to allow an assessor to visit you in the workplace
- Have a minimum of 3 months' prior experience in the Health and Social Care environment
- Be working a minimum of 15 hours per week in a relevant environment
Mandatory Units include:
- Introduction to communication in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings Introduction to personal development in health, social care or children and young people’s settings
- Introduction to equality and inclusion in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings.
- Introduction to duty of care in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care
- The role of the health and social care worker
- Implement person centred approaches in health and social care
- Contribute to health and safety in health and social care
- Handle information in health and social care settings
There are a number of optional units which can include:
- Understand Mental well-being and mental health promotion
- Understand mental health problems
- Dementia awareness
- The person-centred approach to the care and support of individuals with dementia
- Understand the factors that can influence communication and interaction with individuals who have dementia
Timings and Assessments
- Approximately 12-18 months.
- Once the appropriate units are agreed, assessment can start. An assessor will visit you in your workplace. They will plan their visits in advance and will accommodate your work pattern and activities. Assessment visits usually take place every 3-4 weeks and last approximately 1-1.5 hours each. You will be set tasks to complete between visits.
- Your assessor will work with you to cover the knowledge and skills covered in the qualification. As well as being able to complete tasks competently, you should know why you do them a certain way. Together you will gather evidence to demonstrate you meet the qualification standards. A variety of assessment methods will be used. These will usually contain a mixture of:
- Work products
- Professional discussions
- Oral and/or written question & answers
- Reflective accounts
- Witness testimonies
- Recognised Prior Learning
- Our Assessors will visit you once a month in the workplace
- Start anytime
Costs and Resources
- From £1,390 dependent on location
- For further information about this course please contact a member of the Fast Forward Team on 01793 732892 or email: FastForward@newcollege.ac.uk