|Monday 5th June 2017||£0||3 months|
Distance learning courses enable you to boost your career with a nationally recognised qualification even if you don’t have the time to attend training sessions. You have an induction at the start of the programme and then work your way through the qualification at your own pace, achieving within approximately three months.
This distance learning course will be ideal for anyone who works, or would like to work, in a healthcare setting. The areas covered are relevant to a wide range of job roles within the health and social care sector and the programme will be useful to people involved at all levels.
- You could complete one of our other Health & Social Care distance learning programmes (End of Life Care, Dementia Care, Understanding Safe Handling of Medication).
- If you are working in a Health and Social Care setting for a minimum of 15 hours a week, you could progress to a Level 2 or 3 NVQ in Health & Social Care depending on your job role.
- You must have a minimum of Level 1 Literacy.
- There are no pre-requisite qualifications for this course however Distance Learning isn’t for everyone. If at your induction we feel that this mode of study may not be quite right for you, we will help you to find the one that is.
Few things are more important in healthcare settings than stringent infection prevention and control measures. Poor hygiene and cleanliness procedures can have serious ramifications for patients, staff and organisations alike. As such, it’s crucial that all staff within a healthcare environment understand their role in relation to infection prevention and control.
This learning programme looks at the meaning and importance of infection control, as well as the causes of infections and the conditions in which they thrive and spread. It also outlines the methods used to prevent and control the spread of infection. The course is made up of four mandatory units presented in two concise module workbooks:
- Principles of the Causes and Spread of Infection
- Principles of Decontamination, Cleaning and Waste Management
- Principles of Infection Prevention and Control
- Principles of the Importance of Personal Hygiene and Health
Timings and Assessments
- Approximately 3 months
- Start anytime
- You will work on-line and will be provided with all necessary workbooks to complete the programme. You will be required to complete a series of tasks and activities designed to reinforce the learning process and test your knowledge. Your on-line learning account also includes an electronic copy of your workbook. As you work through the learning material, you will answer questions which allow you to complete a portfolio of evidence. These are then submitted to your trainer for marking. Your trainer will agree the deadlines for the submission of your assessments during your induction.
Costs and Resources
- However, if you do not complete your course, you will be charged £125 to cover administration and learning material costs.
- For further career guidance, the National Careers Service provides information, advice and guidance to help you make decisions on learning, training and work opportunities. This service offers confidential and impartial advice and is supported by qualified careers advisers. https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/Pages/Home.aspx
- For further information about this course please contact a member of the Fast Forward Team on 01793 732892 or email: FastForward@newcollege.ac.uk