|Start Date||Day and Time||Cost||Course Code||Duration|
|Tuesday 24th October 2017||
9:00am - 4:30pm
Whether your company is big or small, high or low risk, this course is designed to provide you with first aid cover to enable you to cope with emergency situations. Please be aware that some elements of the course will be practical and therefore we advise you to wear comfortable clothing and suitable footwear to carry out specific assessments.
- We have a range of Health and Safety Compliance courses available.
- You must have a minimum of Level 1 Literacy.
- Roles and Responsibilities of a First Aider
- Assessing an incident
- Unconscious casualties (recovery position)
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Airway Management & Choking
- External Bleeding
- Recognition and treatment of Shock
- Minor injuries
Timings and Assessments
- 1 day, 9.00 am – 4.30 pm
- Tuesday 24th October 2017
- The assessment regime has changed. Candidates must:
- complete a multi-choice test paper AND
- demonstrate competence in first-aid procedures by practical assessments on the management of a casualty:
- who is unresponsive and breathing normally (recovery position)
- who is unresponsive and not breathing normally (cardiopulmonary resuscitation)
- with external bleeding
- who is in shock
- It is essential to bring along with you a form of photographic ID, ie. Driving licence or passport.
Costs and Resources
- We may be able to fully fund this qualification if you work for a small to medium sized organisation and within specific sectors. To check if you’re eligible, please contact a member of the team for details.
- For further career guidance, the National Careers Service provides information, advice and guidance to help you make decisions on learning, training and work opportunities. This service offers confidential and impartial advice and is supported by qualified careers advisers. https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/Pages/Home.aspx
- For further information about this course please contact a member of the Fast Forward Team on 01793 732892 or email: FastForward@newcollege.ac.uk