|Start Date||Day and Time||Cost||Duration|
|Monday 30th October 2017||
9:00am - 4:30pm
Whether food is being produced, prepared, cooked, served, stored or distributed this course has been developed to suit employees in all types of food business. Everyone who works with food has a special responsibility for safeguarding the health of consumers and ensure that the food they serve or sell is perfectly safe to eat.
- This qualification is designed for people who are employed in front line food duties or are seeking employment in restaurants, pubs, cafes or other food establishments.
- You must have a minimum of Level 1 Literacy
- Firm grasp of the importance of food safety and knowledge of the systems, techniques and procedures involved
- Understanding of how to control food safety risks (personal hygiene, food storage, cooking and handling)
- Confidence and expertise to safely deliver quality food to customers
- Food safety hazards
- Temperature control
- Refrigeration, chilling and cold holding
- Cooking, hot holding and reheating
- Food handlers
- Principles of safe food storage
- Food premises and equipment
Timings and Assessments
- 1 day
- TMonday 30th October, 9.00am – 4.30pm
- You will complete one 45-minute multiple choice assessment.
Costs and Resources
- For further information about this course please contact a member of the Fast Forward Team on 01793 732892 or email: FastForward@newcollege.ac.uk