|Start Date||Day and Time||Cost||Duration|
|Tuesday 26th September 2017||
6:00pm - 9:00pm
|£750||10 sessions over 20 weeks|
This Level 3 qualification is ideal if you are an aspiring or newly-appointed manager or if you have had no management training before. It covers the key aspects of the management role and is intended to be interactive and practical, encouraging you to apply what you learn in the workplace through written assignments. The course is delivered as a blended programme which means you will be expected to attend two face to face sessions and a group tutorial per module which will prepare you for your assignments. You will also be provided with an on-line account within our Virtual Learning Environment and you will be set work, as well as a set reading list.
- You could progress on to the Diploma in Leadership and Management Level 3 (ILM) or attend some of the Management Master Classes offered by Fast Forward.
- You must be working at supervisory level (or be aspiring to work in management) and hold an English qualification at Level 2/GCSE Grade A-C.
You will complete the following units as part of this course:
- Understanding Leadership
- Leading and Motivating Your Team Effectively
- Understanding Organising and Delegating
- Planning and Allocating Work
- Understanding the Communication Process in the Workplace
- Management Communication
Timings and Assessments
- Tuesdays, 6.00 pm until 9.00 pm, 10 sessions over 20 weeks
- Starts on 26th September 2017
- Assessment is via written assignments and attendance at all sessions. Your assignment will be marked and you will be given either a ‘pass’ or ‘refer’. If you are referred, you’ll be provided with feedback in order to re-submit and successfully complete.
Costs and Resources
- For further career guidance, the National Careers Service provides information, advice and guidance to help you make decisions on learning, training and work opportunities. This service offers confidential and impartial advice and is supported by qualified careers advisers. https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/Pages/Home.aspx
For further information about this course please contact a member of the Fast Forward Team on 01793 732892 or email: FastForward@newcollege.ac.uk