|Monday 5th June 2017||One month per unit|
We will aim to develop personal management capabilities, make effective use of information in decision-making, operations and the development of the skills in managing people.
- Management positions within your own or future organisation.
- CMI offer Level 7 Strategic Management qualifications.
- You must have a good level of literacy and be a practicing middle manager.
- We never set anyone up to fail so we'll arrange for you to complete a short pre-course questionnaire, just to ensure the course and level is perfect for you and you're ready to take on a distance learning programme. At this point you'll get the opportunity to discuss your chosen with your tutor if you wish, and we can also advise you on the best combination going forward. Although you can select the units at the start, your situation may change part way through the programme. In this instance, we're flexible and can adapt to your own individual requirements.
To complete the Award you must complete a minimum of 6 credits, a minimum of 13 credits for the Certificate and a minimum of 38 credits to complete the Diploma. The qualification is flexible which means you can choose the units most appropriate to your own individual circumstances.
- Unit 5001 Personal Development as a manager and leader - 6 credits
- Unit 5002 Information based decision making - 7 credits
- Unit 5003 Managing team and individual performance - 9 credits
- Unit 5004 Practices or resource management - 7 credits
- Unit 5005 Meeting stakeholder and quality needs - 6 credits
- Unit 5006 - Conducting a management project - 10 credits
- Unit 5007 Organisational financial management - 9 credits
- Unit 5008 Conducting a marketing plan - 9 credits
- Unit 5009 Project development and control - 6 credits
- Unit 5010 Planning for development - 6 credits
- Unit 5011 Managing recruitment, selection and induction - 7 credits
- Unit 5012 Being a leader - 7 credits
- Unit 5013 Leadership practice - 7 credits
- Unit 5020 Introduction to management and leadership - 7 credits
- Unit 5021 Operation risk management - 7 credits
- Unit 5022 Organisational corporate social responsibility - 7 credits
Timings and Assessments
- Start anytime
- Approximately one month per module
- ou will be provided with assignment briefs together with a workbook from CMI. You will be required to produce one written assignment per unit which once complete, will be uploaded to an on-line learning platform. The assignments will then be forwarded to CMI for marking and quality assurance and your results will be available within six weeks.
- You will be provided with a tutor contact who will be able to help and support you whilst you're studying with us. We want you to be successful, therefore your tutor will check your assignments before submission and provide guidance when required in order to ensure you have met the requirements.
Costs and Resources
- Award - £450, Certificate - £810.00 and Diploma - £1,600
- If you complete the Diploma, you will be able access the Advanced Learner Loan. More information can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/advanced-learner-loan/overview. Please be aware, the loan covers £724 of the course costs. We can offer instalments and flexible payment plans to cover the outstanding amount. Please contact us for details.
- Pathways Workbooks are provided with each module.
- To help you with your studies, and as a CMI student you will be provided with complementary access to Management Direct which holds a vast array of e learning materials, e books, journals, checklists etc.
- For further career guidance, the National Careers Service provides information, advice and guidance to help you make decisions on learning, training and work opportunities. This service offers confidential and impartial advice and is supported by qualified careers advisers. https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/Pages/Home.aspx
For further information about this course please contact a member of the Fast Forward Team on 01793 732892 or email: FastForward@newcollege.ac.uk