|Start Date||Day and Time||Cost||Course Code||Duration|
|Thursday 28th September 2017||
9:30am - 12:30pm
This qualification develops the essential knowledge and understanding that all those working in a school setting will need. It is ideal for people who are looking to start a career as a Teaching Assistant or have recently been appointed in a support staff job role and are new to working in a school.
- Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools NVQ
- Employment as Teaching Assistant/Learning Support Assistant
- You must have at least level 1 in Literacy.
- You do not have to be employed or volunteering within schools however you may find it useful in order to apply the knowledge gained in the classroom.
This course is run across 10 weeks and covers 5 knowledge only units.
The units are:
- Child and young person development
- Communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults
- Equality, diversity and inclusion in work with children and young people
- Safeguarding the welfare of children and young people
- Schools as organisations
Timings and Assessments
- One session per week over 10 weeks
- Thursdays, starting 28th September, 9.30 am to 12.30 pm
- You will be provided with a portfolio and a workbook which is completed during the sessions.
Costs and Resources
- Funding may be available - please contact us for details.
- For further career guidance, the National Careers Service provides information, advice and guidance to help you make decisions on learning, training and work opportunities. This service offers confidential and impartial advice and is supported by qualified careers advisers. https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/Pages/Home.aspx
- For further information about this course please contact a member of the Fast Forward Team on 01793 732892 or email: FastForward@newcollege.ac.uk